Apply now sales associate
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and great service. With 30 locations in numerous states, our agenda is loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our associates. Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and casual? Then apply now! As a Retail Sales Associate you will be responsible for creating a memorable shopping experience for every customer while striving to achieve daily and weekly sales goals. Working as part of the Bob's Stores Team, you'll use your skills and experience to suggest the best possible merchandise to accommodate our customer’s needs, whether it be active wear, work wear, footwear or denim. In addition, not only will you be interacting with customers on the sales floor, you'll also be trained as a cashier to create a more engaging customer experience. Team work is part of our culture at Bob's! Success in this position could lead into a full-time supervisor role. Responsibilities:
- Greet each and every customer every time
- Initiate friendly conversation with each customer to determine level of assistance required
- Answer customer inquiries
- Drive sales through suggestive selling and add-on sales
- Maintain assigned area to store standards, including functional recovery, accurate ad signing and correct merchandise placement
- Perform various other functions as assigned/requested in assigned area, including price checks, merchandise transfers, customer calls, fitting room returns, etc.
- Adhere to all Company initiatives and achieve established goals for each initiative (e.g., Best of Bob’s Reward Program)
- Follow all Company policies, rules and procedures
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager in Charge
- Complete all assigned training
- Additionally, when assigned to the front-end:
- Process customer purchases accurately and efficiently, including checking for mis-mates and folding and bagging merchandise.
- Maintain register area in accordance with store standards.
- Adhere to all Company initiatives and achieve established goals for each initiative (e.g., Best of Bob’s Reward Program).
- Meet all Company standards.
- A varied schedule will require nights, weekends and holidays, and possibly some overnight shifts for those 18+. Flexible availability preferred.
- Skills and Requirements:
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality and be driven to satisfy customers
- Retail experience in footwear sales preferred, yet not required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Bilingual always a plus
- Minimum age requirement: 16