Co-Manager and other Management positions available!
We are seeking current Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, and Department Managers to join our Retail Team in Northern New Jersey!
We are looking for energetic and friendly candidates to join our retail store leadership teams. As a Co-Manager for Bob's you will work alongside other managers and supervisors to “learn the ropes” at an accelerated pace. You will act as the manager-on-duty and lead by example while enabling a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff to achieve overall sales and operational goals while also coaching, training, and developing others to achieve service and operational excellence. A Co-Manager carries keys, is responsible for opening and closing the store, and will contribute to the operations, general merchandise flow, and visual presentation of the store. This is a salaried, store management position. Success in this role will lead to greater career advancement and development within the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
A varied schedule will require some nights, weekends, and holidays with occasional overnight shifts. Flexible availability is required.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, preferably in retail
- Supervisory experience in a retail environment is a plus
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing retail environment
- Visual merchandising experience is a plus
- Experience working with casual and athletic footwear preferred
- Understanding of basic retail math; ability to handle cash accurately
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for Bob’s operating principle of “The Customer is Why”
- Lead by example, by providing excellent customer service, holding all Supervisors and Associates accountable for ensuring current Customer service standards are executed.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency around providing all customers with a superior shopping experience.
- Maintain a dynamic merchandising strategy with an emphasis on merchandising presentation, space allocation, sale promotions and floor sets. Oversee visual aspect of store. Guide and direct Supervisors and Associates where appropriate.
- Maintain a neat, orderly sales floor, stock room and office area.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of floor sets for sales promotions.
- Support the front end, cashiering when necessary.
- Assist Store Manager with expense control awareness, including planning and execution to maintain store budgets and ensure profitability.
- Take on additional responsibility as dictated by business.
Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.