Customer Service Supervisor
WE’RE FUN! WE’RE FAST! WE’RE CASUAL!
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and great service. With 30 locations in numerous states, our agenda is loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our associates. Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and casual? Then apply now! As a Customer Service Supervisor, you'll oversee front-end operations, cashier, and during non-peak times, open and close the store while acting as the manager-on-duty. You'll learn to lead by example while enabling a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff to achieve overall store sales and operational goals. In addition, you'll be coaching, training and developing your staff in order to prepare them for promotional opportunities that arise. Responsibilities:
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for Bob's operating principle of “The Customer is Why”
- Lead by example, by providing excellent customer service, holding all associates accountable for ensuring current customer service standards are executed; guide and direct associates where appropriate
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency around providing all customers with a superior shopping experience
- Maintain a neat, orderly work area - front-end, sales floor, stock room and office area
- Assist in the planning and implementation of floor sets for sales promotions
- Oversee front-end operations and customer service department
- Assist Store Manager with expense control awareness, including planning and execution to maintain store budgets and ensure profitability
- Take on additional responsibility as dictated by business A varied schedule will require day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts, with some overnight shifts as well. Flexible availability required. The ideal supervisor candidate will be comfortable utilizing basic mathematics skills, have the ability to problem solve independently to address customer concerns and if covering the front-end, have the ability to handle cash accurately under pressure. You must be a highly motivated team player with an ambitious personality who is friendly, outgoing and driven to satisfy customers. This is an hourly, entry-level store management position. Success in this role could lead into a department manager role within the organization.
- Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of cashier/front-end experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a retail environment preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive
- Proven team leadership skills
- Experience working with apparel and footwear preferred
- Understanding of basic retail math; ability to handle cash accurately
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.