Senior Paid Search Specialist
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to re-imagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate, highly analytical Senior Paid Search Specialist with a digital-first skill set. Specifically, you will be responsible for leading the execution and optimization of paid campaigns in PLA/Shopping (Google and Bing). The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, creative thinker and growth hacker.
In this role, you will:
- Execute customer acquisition and engagement strategy and digital campaigns for paid search – PLA/Shopping (Google and Bing) globally
- Build and execute campaigns, landing page creation and continuous optimization through rigorous test and learn
- Manage performance to expected ROI with an understanding of cost per acquisition, retention and lifetime value
- Manage relationships with the SEM engines/platforms.
- Complete and manage thorough reporting and analytics to provide in-depth analysis of channel performance through analysis of traffic, the conversion funnel, and ROI to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement
- Analyze results across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- 5-8 years’ experience in online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bend
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis. Comfortable with pulling and manipulating data using SQL and writing scripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
- Ability to prioritize and delivery on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
- An undergraduate degree in highly quantitative field, such as Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics
- Strong personal work ethic, including personal initiative and ownership
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning or statistics tools such as R, Stata, Python and various libraries for other programming languages
- Ability to understand how tools connect and how to leverage platforms to get our tools to talk to each other
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight)
- Prior experience and/or familiarity with SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, Facebook (FBX), DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM), Amazon Media Group (AMG), Quora Ads, etc and marketing automation tools and digital analytics platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Drift, Grow, Drip, VWO, Groove, Google Analytics, HotJar, Hootsuite, Woopra, Steelhouse, Optimizely, Bounce Exchange or comparable technical marketing stacks)
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount