At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Buyer who will execute Blue Nile’s merchandising vision of the business. As a key member of the merchandising team, the Buyer will play a critical role in product creation, assortment management, vendor negotiations, product merchandising and assistant buyer development. A highly analytical independent worker, the Buyer will travel and represent Blue Nile externally to the industry.
- Drive maximum sales and margin in product categories through strategic development of product assortment, price negotiations, online presentations and promotions
- Source, develop and select merchandise consistent with the Blue Nile brand and target market
- Build relationships with cross functional team members to maximize new product launches, first-to-market opportunities and exclusivity arrangements
- Collaborate with sourcing and planning business partners to monitor, evaluate and analyze business results and product performance to drive sales and profitability
- Develop and manage the vendor sourcing mix; manage vendor performance and compliance
- Keep up-to-date on product trends within and outside of Blue Nile’s product mix, as well as manage competitive positioning of product categories to bolster Blue Nile’s leadership position in the industry
- Negotiate operational and financial agreements with vendors, including terms, discounts, and returns
- Lead and manage a small team; providing mentoring, training and direction as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of progressive work experience as a buyer
- 2+ years as an exceptional team leader, experienced in coaching and developing talent
- Demonstrated understanding of financials and profitability
- Strong Excel skills and a strong understanding of retail math
- Strong product sensibility and experience with design and product development
- Strong negotiation skills; highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; project management experience desired
- Highly self-motivated with ability to carry out directives in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment
- Great team player and a dynamic collaborator cross-functionally and with merchandise team members
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount