At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is seeking a passionate and talented Merchandise Planner for our Diamond Department who will drive the company’s efforts to maximize sales and margin through optimized sales and inventory management. As a key member of the Planning team, the Merchandise Planner is the primary resource for analytical support.
The goal is to partner with our pricing and merchandising organizations to forecast sales, margin and inventory to enhance our selection, and our pricing process. The ideal candidate will have experience applying advanced analytical methods to produce high-impact business results.
- Manage inventory, open-to-buy, inventory health and item-level forecasting
- Work closely with merchants to support assortment planning process
- Forecast sales and recommend purchases and inventory balancing solutions by item to drive profitable sales growth and inventory turn
- Create business insight and actionable recommendations through quantitative and qualitative research; turn data into information that drives business results
- Continually improve forecasting model and replenishment strategy to optimize profitability and inventory
- Partner with Pricing Analyst to recommend and manage pricing strategies and changes to deliver on Blue Nile’s financial objectives and results
- Understand competitive dynamics in an actionable way including pricing, selection, changes and trends over time
- Create long-term forecasts by establishing optimal inventory levels for specific category and collections
- Report on product performance for category
- Ability to manage plans across multiple local assortments, market geographies and business channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other analytically intensive studies, preferred
- 2+ years of relevant e-Commerce experience in merchandise/retail planning
- Proficient Excel skills required, including pivot tables, graphing, nested formulas and extensive lookups
- SQL knowledge desired
- Self-starter who has the ability to work autonomously
- Able to meet tight deadlines while working on several projects, simultaneously
- Data mining experience and excellent ability to generate actionable and accurate business results through analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills, solid interpersonal skills for internal and external partners
- Ability and eagerness to embrace change within a fast-paced environment; ability to pivot and reprioritize when needed
- Jewelry industry knowledge/experience, desired
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount