Lead Software Engineer, Server
Blizzard’s World of Warcraft team is seeking an experienced server programmer. This individual will lead the development of server architecture, implementation, and will lead a group of programmers to accomplish various server programming tasks. Other areas of focus include network communication, player interaction across server boundaries, security countermeasures, maintenance, and development of server technology. As the server team lead, you will be responsible for the reliability and live operations of World of Warcraft.
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
- Manage the server team to meet all established goals and requirements.
- Ensure that the server team adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices.
- Evaluate and mentor programmers on the server team.
- Serve as an active partner in the team’s leadership.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the game.
- Interface with members of external teams on inter-departmental assignments, and ensure that all technology interests and policies are properly represented and maintained through the course of development.
- Must currently hold a senior software engineer position or higher
- Expert C/C++ programmer
- Distributed systems experience
- Familiarity with implementing client/server architecture
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with code optimization
- Need to have leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Linux and Oracle experience.
- MMO gaming experience
- Live Operations experience