Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic System Administrator to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll facilitate tools used every day at Blizzard for game production, IT, QA, communications, operations control, and more!
Successful administrators in Corporate Applications collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, and program managers to run epic applications used by employees worldwide. They readily share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other. They have a background working with a broad suite of applications, familiarity with automated testing, an aptitude for critical thinking, and aren’t afraid to debug foreign systems. The Corporate Applications team must be responsive to changing and emergent business needs. Our portfolio is large and diverse, and often has an unknown lifetime so it’s crucial to ask the right questions and be ready to pivot. We’re specifically looking to grow our Atlassian administration group, but we’re interested in long-term sustainability and operational awareness for a variety of systems.
We strive for applications to be clean, simple, stable, and sustainable. Our ideal candidate is well-rounded though possibly inexperienced considering their breadth of major projects, but they have measured and learned from both success and failure. They are inquisitive in technical discussions and decision-making while embracing production processes.
You will need a strong sense of accountability and ownership for high quality, sustainable, and relevant solutions. Are you comfortable with ambiguity? Can you confront complexity?
Are you up for the challenge?
- 3+ years of professional experience in technical roles
- 1+ years as an administrator of Jira
- Be a trusted escalation point for our services team and customers, sharing 24x7 on-call rotation
- Responsible for owning Atlassian plugin lifecycle
- Evaluate, implement, and curate Jira custom configurations
- Regularly audit Atlassian customizations for use and opportunities to simplify
- Embrace automation, scripting, and source control throughout
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate potential risks and opportunities
- Balance request queue SLAs alongside contributions to longer-term projects
- Experience working with Program Management and Product Design groups
- Solid understanding of Program Management methodologies to partner on team deliverables
- Experience administering Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization
- Familiarity with Atlassian Server software and data-center versions
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills with both technical & non-technical users
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Certification with ITIL Frameworks
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!