Associate Community Manager, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games.
The Global World of Warcraft Publishing team is seeking a community professional who is passionate about player communities, brand communications, marketing, and customer support. They would join our community development team, who is dedicated to creating and maintaining relationships with our community of players. The ideal candidate is driven, creative, and is a self-starter who possesses strong task management skills with a proven track record of successful community management and development experience in the entertainment industry. They are a tireless advocate for the voice of the player, constantly seeking to build bridges, trust, and foster constructive dialogue.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
- Contribute to the design and execution of community development programs for World of Warcraft
- Support communication plans and channel management
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners including fansites, content creators, and volunteers
- Engage with players at in-person and online events
- Work closely with the various teams developing and supporting World of Warcraft
- Compile and relay meaningful feedback on the sentiment, suggestions, and concerns of the community
- Support the live operations of World of Warcraft with public-facing messaging tailored to our audience
- Develop official communications for upcoming game changes and content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum four years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- Ability to meet deliverables amid a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours including weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Third party relationship management experience
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with World of Warcraft and/or World of Warcraft Classic
- Experience with content management systems, html, or other publishing platforms
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Fansite, creator, and/or streaming experience within the WoW community
- Video production and/or graphic arts experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard on World of Warcraft
- What you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences