Associate Software Engineer, ECommerce - Purchase
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our E-commerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
As a software engineer on the E-commerce Payments team, you will a join group of engineers dedicated to building a global platform allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be a part of our continuing efforts to evolve our order acquisition and workflow orchestration systems to keep up with an ever-changing commerce landscape. You will also be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces. In this role, you will not only be writing code but be a part of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
- Design and implement new features for purchasing, inventory management, and payment processing on our cross-platform ecommerce system, including integrations with second and third parties
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations
- Be a part of the implementation and maintenance of our infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers
- Support and improve live production service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 2 years of professional software engineering experience, with a solid foundation in Java, C#, or another object-oriented language
- Proven knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Understanding of web services, messaging middleware, security, microservices, and n-tier architectures
- Previous experience developing, delivering, and maintaining APIs
- Familiarity with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Familiarity in data-modelling and RDBMS development practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing for and operating large distributed systems at high scale (hundreds of servers, global deployments, tens of thousands of req/sec)
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Docker or other container platforms
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with billing and payment systems
- Passion for technology and video games