Manager, Business Development
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized individual to join the Business Development team. Business Development provides business services for a variety of groups across the Blizzard organization, including game development, internal technologies, legal, finance, marketing and the events teams. This individual will be responsible for managing a portfolio of strategic business opportunities in partnership with internal clients and external vendors/partners.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and assess new business opportunities that meet the strategic needs of Blizzard Entertainment.
- Negotiate inbound/outbound licensing terms and conditions for enterprise software, platform technologies, intellectual property and professional services.
- Research and identify new business opportunities while increasing market share with existing business partners.
- Manage request for proposal and proof of concept processes for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Act as the main business representative to external partners on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment.
- Provide support to business units during the contract lifecycle – solicit input for additional deal terms.
- Ensure the execution of contract points and track partner contractual compliance.
- Perform ongoing market analysis to support strategic planning efforts and key initiatives.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analysis, and develop recommendations on business development priorities.
- Creation of detailed status reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MBA is a plus
- A minimum of 7-10 years of business development experience in the video game industry, software/platform technology or the entertainment industry
- Must have a deep understanding of licensing arrangements for a variety of verticals including enterprise software, platform technologies, intellectual property and professional services.
- Highly developed contact database in the video game industry
- Strong networking skills
- The ability to work within a diverse and fast paced environment while managing a large variety of projects across multiple teams
- Solid negotiating skills and ability to close deals
- Strong interpersonal skills along with effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and solid follow through
- Strong motivation and high level of commitment
- Passion for video games and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment franchises