3D Environment Art Intern
Internship Term: 2020
3D ENVIRONMENT ART INTERN – OVERWATCH
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Overwatch team is seeking an environment intern with a focus on architecture/level art.
As an environment art intern on Blizzard’s Overwatch, you will learn about and contribute to the expanding Overwatch universe. You will work closely with our concept, environment and level design team to help create levels that are both gameplay-oriented, beautiful and consistent with the handcrafted art styles that our games are known for.
In short, you’ll be learning from and working with a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Use concept art inspiration to create game assets that make our world come alive.
- Use next-gen materials and pipelines to forge assets for use in the game engine.
- Familiar with next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Passion for level design
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary art team to help bring environments to life within the vision of the game design
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – lighting, VFX, or concept
- Good technical chops and the ability to quickly master new pipelines and tools
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2019.