Senior Software Engineer, E-Commerce - Online Shop
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Shop team is part of the Battle.net & Online Products organization and is responsible for Blizzard Entertainment’s digital shop web site and the tooling that powers it. Our sites handle millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises.
- Architect and develop new features for catalogue display, purchasing, and gifting, integrating with the rest of our e-commerce team and game teams.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and numerous other partners to deliver quality products.
- Identify and execute on areas of improvement throughout our development cycle.
- Bring new ideas to the team through research in web development.
- See projects through from requirement gathering to development, testing support, launch, and live coverage.
- Minimum 6 years of professional web software engineering experience, working in both the client and server-side.
- Experience working in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java or C++.
- Experience developing complex web UIs.
- Understanding and experience mitigating common web security concerns.
- Knowledge for standard methodologies, both for architecture and end-user performance
- Deep understanding of MVC architecture
- Heavy use of web tech (HTTP, WebSockets, REST, etc.)
- Experience writing unit tests with comprehensive coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience using UI frameworks.
- Experience running automation tests.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Experience working with a moderate to large teams, eager to collaborate.
- Familiarity with server architecture (Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience developing applications to scale for a global userbase.