Product Manager Intern, Ecommerce
Internship Term: 2020
Product Manager Intern, Ecommerce
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ passionate engineers, program managers, and designers focused on technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Battle.net & Online Products Ecommerce group develops the vital systems and user experiences that enable Blizzard's digital shopping experiences for our players in and out of our games and enable access to numerous payment methods the world over. Our infrastructure and services house and manage millions of transactions for multiple regions around the globe. The team has developed some of the most widespread and pivotal functionality we’ve released as a company: in-game purchases, gifting, Recruit-a-Friend, the WoW Token, and much more.
The ideal candidate for this role has a technical background, has an inquisitive nature, is a regular user of multiple platforms, is familiar with Agile development methodologies, and is a natural at inspiring and influencing others. If you're the one we seek, your application will demonstrate that you have a passion for best-in-breed ecommerce experiences and platform technology, a willingness to learn, and the ability to adapt and troubleshoot in a technically complex environment.
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience and increase adoption.
- Craft a product – Work closely with our cross-functional teams to take what you’ve learned and document a pitch and functional specification that highlights the what, why and how to go to market with the new feature or product.
- Create a plan - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve, and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Commit to quality - Ensure that solutions are of high quality and be willing to challenge the status quo when necessary.
- Play nice; play fair - Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Comfortable demystifying technical requirements by conveying their impact on users' experiences.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic "can-do" attitude is a must
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in cross-functional, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment
- Accurate and thorough, with a strong attention to detail
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or comparable team collaboration applications
- Able to deconstruct a feature into its functional components.
- Experience working on an ecommerce platform.
- Passion for games (bonus if Blizzard games).
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.