Tools Developer, Tespa (Temp)
This is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 10-15 hours per week via third party agency.
Tespa is the world’s largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together. We’re looking for software developers to support our collegiate leagues. Our goal is to provide a world-class entertainment experience for Tespa members, while encouraging students to study and play responsibly. Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, and video game-savvy. Experience playing in competitive events, being a proven collegiate leader on your campus, and event organizational experience are pluses for this position.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of Tespa processes and procedures
- Work closely with product owners for understanding the functional and system requirements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify optimal scalable solutions
- Design, develop and maintain solutions to support collegiate gaming, tournaments, & events based on functional and system requirements
- Ensure the quality of newly developed code via best practices like unit testing, proper design patterns, and documentation
- Participate in a rapidly evolving and iterating environment
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average at their college or university
- Recently graduated with, or currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Strong self-initiative.
- Approximately 10-15 hours of time per week
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Able to travel between 1-2 times per academic year
- Experience with Google Apps scripts
- Experience with React.js, Typescript, SQL, or NoSQL
- Experience with at least one unit testing framework
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Member of a Tespa Chapter
- Experience running and/or playing in competitive events
- Strong understanding of Tespa-supported games
- Experience with consumer research, distribution, inventory management or product development
- Experience with large convention, festival or trade-show planning/execution experience
- Experience with Hearthstone Fireside Gathering, Influencer Programs, or Ambassador Programs - especially collegiate/grassroots related
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter, indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Tespa
- Why this job appeals to you
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences