Senior Software Engineer, (GCP) - Data Platform
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
This position is focused on the development and integration of the Data Platform. You'll help build components that glue the pipeline together and integrate with 3rd party and open source systems such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, Spark, and Hadoop. From building micro-services that support the platform's use-cases to creating epic Spark jobs to accomplish streaming/batch goals- you'll work with a team of engineers to plan, develop, and maintain massively scaled systems that handle billions of messages each day.
If you can imagine yourself in the center of the data revolution at the most epic company ever, and you want to help shape the future of Big Data platforms- this may be the job for you!
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting large scale distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in designing software systems from the ground up
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or another JVM based language
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure, specifically GCP.
- Experience with data at scale and the problems that come with it
- Proven and demonstrable ability to rapidly learn and master complex systems and their codebase
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Akka
- Experience with distributed NoSQL stores (HBase, Cassandra)
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Presto)
- Experience with stream processing frameworks (Spark Streaming, Flink)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!