Tech Manager, Global Broadcast
Blizzard Entertainment Broadcast team is seeking an experienced Tech Manager for our Global Broadcast team. As Tech Manager, you will be the technical expert working with Events, Production and Studio teams. This role focuses on the technical budget, logistics and labor, and execution of our Overwatch League events and will be the one the teams leans on to make sure their ideas are technically feasible and executed on the road.
The ideal candidate would be well organized, loves to travel, and able to manage large budgets and crews. You should have a firm understanding of technical planning for large events/productions and be well versed in a multitude of skillsets from technical broadcast planning to lighting, audio/video, networking, PC hardware and game consoles. You must have the ability to lead a team of highly technical individuals with clear precise directives. We are looking for someone that can provide the most utility to the team rather than a master of a single skill.
- Directly oversee and supervise all broadcast production crew, broadcast engineers, and utility technicians
- Manage technical budgets, logistics, and Crews/Labor
- Responsible for Technical planning and execution of Blizzards Technical roadmap for all current and future events including Remote Events.
- Responsible for documentation of processes and workflows
- Chief troubleshooter and problem solver
- Main conduit for communicating feedback and escalating technical issues
- Work closely with the developer teams and other teams across Blizzard to develop new and existing broadcast features, tools, and methods
- Develop new tools to support Esports broadcast features
- Strong managerial skills
- 10+ Years Broadcast Industry experience
- Experience in live show workflows
- Strong people management skills required
- Expertise in working with Video Trucks, Flight Packs, Studios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert Problem Solver / Troubleshooter
- Strong understanding of SDI/Fiber/IP based workflows
- Firm understanding of Analog/Digital Audio workflows
- Solid understanding of Lighting/Rigging/Projection/LED Panel Workflows
- Firm understanding of Streaming/distribution workflows
- Firm understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Proficient on Windows/Mac
- Love for Live Broadcast required!
- Able to travel up to 70% of the time, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Creative thinker who can think of new improved methods and tools.
- A love for organizing things… all the things
- MUST have an open mind to non-traditional workflows
- Previous broadcast engineering experience
- Passionate video gamer and geek
- Love for Esports
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Resume (PDF is preferred)
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working in Blizzard Broadcasting