Associate Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo IV
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you skilled at building great tools and workflows? If so, then stay awhile, and listen.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated tools engineer to join the Diablo IV team. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, artists, and game programmers to help develop and refine our in-house tool set. Along the way, you’ll participate in playtests, give feedback and suggestions on the game itself, and grow your career as you work alongside some of the most talented developers the industry has to offer.
If you’ve got a keen eye for usability, outstanding people skills, and a solid engineering background, then come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
- Improve how Diablo IV content is authored through the design, implementation, and support of various software tools
- Work with multiple teams to evaluate workflows and identify areas of improvements
- Implement new features, as well extend existing features
- Support the team by responding to issues, answering questions, and fixing bugs
- Experience in developing tools for game development, such as level editors or data pipelines
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and how they relate to performance
- Experience in C# and .NET
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for gaming and game development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with WPF and MVVM
- Experience with C++
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Strong sense of UX design
- Passion for Diablo or other ARPGs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!