Lead Product Manager, Digital Shop
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
You will affect millions of gamers on our most critical launches by working with senior leaders across the company to make sure that our web shop is the premier destination globally for players to browse and engage with the most epic entertainment experiences available online. You will own and launch commerce features that enable players to discover new and familiar games and products that will delight them across myriad franchises and business models. Additionally, you’ll develop a deep knowledge of our players and how they engage with our shop, helping to reinforce and create new experiences we can deliver. It’s an immense area of scope, and you’ll have a team of expert and supportive partners who’re always looking to discover and do the right thing.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build deep knowledge of the product by conducting market research, understanding our customers, interviewing stakeholders (and more!) to identify needs and opportunities, shape and communicate product requirements, and work cross-functionally to establish and own a product vision that the team can execute and deliver
- Develop a roadmap for the product, both for the near-term and an aspirational vision of what Blizzard should do in the future that’s innovative and valuable
- Determine how to measure the product’s success based on measurable criteria that align with the product’s goals
- Collect and document business, functional, technical, and creative requirements for new features
- Collaborate with a team of cross-functional designers, engineers, quality assurance and stakeholders to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved, adjusting the plan as necessary
- Develop schedules and own execution of plans. Anticipate issues, roadblocks and make tradeoffs to deliver a quality product
- Experience in an Ecommerce product line with a deep understanding of the funnel and how to optimize the user journey
- Strong familiarity with A/B testing and other conversion optimization techniques
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a product manager, building world-class platforms and services
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a leader/manager
- Ability to succeed within an everchanging environment, pushing the bleeding edge of new features while maintaining reliability and stability
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrated success in delivering large, projects across multiple organizations
- Highly technical background and deep understanding of APIs and back-end systems
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic "can-do" attitude is a must
- Experience building out production infrastructure of an ecommerce platform that serves millions of customers daily
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or comparable team collaboration applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated passion for games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!