CG Supervisor, In-Game Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment's Story and Franchise Development (S&FD) team is a collection of industry-leading talent tasked with enriching Blizzard franchises on every front. We are storytellers who tell creative stories through a vast range of media formats. As part of S&FD, Blizzard cinematics invites you to join us as we pair with Blizzard’s game development teams to augment our franchises with interesting characters, rich stories, and gorgeous designs. Be a part of an organization that inspires millions and continue to extend the reach of our franchises to entirely new audiences. We take pride in hiring the best, and joining Blizzard cinematics means joining a family of craftsmen who build and support one another, all dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
Are you a talented, passionate In-Game CG Supervisor? Our team currently looking for you to join our team.
- Collaborate with the project directors, production staff, and department leads to help achieve the creative vision of the project while staying within the technical, resource, and budget limitations of the In-Game Cinematics (IGC) pipeline and the game engine being used to create the content
- Be aware of, and communicate to IGC and game team leadership any blocking issues or potential technical problems before they negatively affect production schedules
- Act as a bridge between S&FD and the client development teams
- Be an envoy for any technology transfer requested by the game teams
- Help IGC development staff to improve pipeline and tools based on project experience
- Work within the established art styles of our wide-ranging IPs
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience creating real-time and captured in-game cinematics
- An intimate knowledge of Blizzard IP’s, their associated lore, characters, and history
- An intimate working knowledge of the In-Game Cinematics core pipeline
- An expert user level understanding of at least one Blizzard engine and it’s associated tools
- A basic understanding of the remaining Blizzard proprietary engines
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Strong communication, negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong Knowledge of multiple scripting languages, development practices, and asset deliverable pipeline architecture
- Strong Knowledge of Python or C++
- Avid player of the IP you will be supporting
- Demo Reel/Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- Cover letter (optional)
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.