Senior Surfacing Artist, Cinematics
Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you enjoy a deeply fast-paced and fluid work environment that requires impeccable creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? If you are answering yes to these questions you might be the perfect fit to be our Surfacing Artist.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an extraordinarily skilled Surfacing Artist for its cinematics department. You should have extensive experience working with painting tools to achieve a range of stylized to photo-real surfaces as well as look development experience setting up shaders to achieve a variety of material properties. You are organized and creative, with the ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Work closely with show leads and the surfacing supervisor to provide high fidelity texture maps and lookdev for production assets
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to a team of modelers, look-dev artists, and lighters
- Interpret art direction from multiple sources into a cohesive vision
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in feature film / VFX / animation production as a texture painter and lookdev artist working on high end, hero assets, preferably characters.
- Expert knowledge of high-end DCC software such as Mari, Substance Painter, Maya, and Photoshop, as well as renderers such as PrMan, Arnold, Vray, and/or Redshift.
- Experience in shading and lighting in PrMan and Redshift or similar high-end rendering software
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's cinematic visual style
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to a Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Breakdown of the work on your reel
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.