Art Outsourcing Supervisor, Animation - Diablo 4
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo 4. If you're a highly motivated and experienced Animation Outsourcing Supervisor with a background in game animation, then come work with us and help us build something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for what we do. We believe that for those looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Do you geek out on pipelines, tools, communication, process, relationships, feedback, and all other things connected to the successful outsourcing of game art assets? This job is about running our external and internal communications, ensuring everything runs smoothly and getting our outsourced assets into a "game ready" state. We're looking for an extraordinarily talented person to come spend some quality time in Sanctuary and descend into the deep dark dungeons of Diablo with us! Your experience in all aspects of animation production will help make us a lot of gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will range from crafting detailed briefs and other documentation, as well as managing planning documents, to tweaking incoming assets for the Diablo world to make them look as amazing as possible. You’ll also be providing regular, timely and detailed feedback to our external partners to make sure their work is consistently on target.
We expect you to be very comfortable with ambiguity and as an artist, you’re happy taking on the job of being an individual contributor, but also a role model, mentor, and champion for the entire art department.
Being a listener and a voracious learner, you thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You actively seek out feedback from your peers, Lead and Art Director, and you always ensure to collaborate to meet the expected and required quality bars.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Demonstrated understanding of how outsourcing works on a AAA title, including practical experience managing it for a large team.
- Proven creative chops and a technically proficient approach to explaining to external partners exactly what needs to be delivered, based on designs, vision documents
- Expert level knowledge of all the various tools and techniques used to craft assets for modern game engines.
- Impressive and relevant portfolio demonstrating animations created by you in Maya, clearly showing in-game examples of your work.
- Years of experience working with a lead artist or art director in adhering to a unique and cohesive animation style.
- An exceptional understanding of movement, poses, gestures and expressions.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback.
- Think of yourself as a game developer first, and an artist second.
- A passion for games.
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator and an amazing team player.
- Having worked through an entire production cycle and having previously shipped at least one AAA title as an animator.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- Showing true excitement about how to use outsourcing to build efficient production pipelines that are continuously improved upon over time.
- Previous experience as a Lead or Supervisor.
- Experience in traveling to external vendors and positively representing your team and company.
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.