Associate Consumer Marketing Manager (Temp)
We are looking for a marketing superstar to join the Consumer Marketing team for one of the most beloved IP’s in gaming – World of Warcraft. In this role, you will partner directly with the cross-functional teams at Blizzard to ensure product strategies, brand and company objectives are met in all consumer-facing marketing assets. You will oversee day-to-day management of external creative agency partners and help manage the approval process of all marketing materials for World of Warcraft, for global distribution.
The right candidate must have the ability to think ahead, work independently, but also contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business, drive go-to-market plans and have the confidence to speak up and lead. While impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, this individual will also need to contribute at the strategic level to drive all marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners and lead agency partners.
A passion for gaming is also a must, as is prior experience with helping to drive innovative marketing programs and prior work with brands that do this well.
- Assist with global marketing plans, creative executions and production process of all communication vehicles including TV and digital advertising, trailers, visual identity, packaging, trade, media integrations, events, social and CRM activities.
- Champion Consumer Marketing projects directly with external Agency Partners to identify a creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy.
- Participate in Creative Briefings and attend subsequent Creative Reviews to provide feedback and direction.
- Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single strategy
- Day-to-day management of external Creative Agency Partners.
- Collaborate with key development team personnel on go-to-market strategies and creative asset development
- Coordinate with key Retail and Sales personnel on trade marketing programs, retail merchandising and sales materials communication
- Work with head of Operations to meet packaging deadlines, product distribution, and COGS objectives
- Able to learn new markets quickly and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitive landscapes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years experience in brand marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Experience in TV, Video, Packaging, and Online Advertising required
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Prior creative agency experience
- Direct experience marketing video games or other entertainment media
- In-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, particularly World of Warcraft
- International experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences