Lead Concept Artist - Unannounced Project
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. If you're a skilled Lead Concept Artist, then come work with us and together we will build something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe our team is an outstanding fit for those looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Do you geek out on art in all its forms, especially when it's dark, gothic and macabre? We're looking for an extraordinarily talented artist to lead the concept art team for an unannounced Diablo project. Your experience and leadership will help make our entire art department better at producing amazing content.
Your responsibilities will range from crafting and creating unique art pieces from scratch, to tweaking and improving existing assets and art. You may be working on a weapon or armor set one day, and a boss monster or landscape the next. We expect you to be comfortable with ambiguity, and equally happy working as an individual contributor, or as a role model, mentor, and champion for the entire department.
Being a listener and a voracious learner, you thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You actively seek out feedback from your peers and the Art Director, and you always strive to collaborate to meet the expected and required quality bars.
And of course, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff We'll Expect From You
What does it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today. Your previous achievements probably look something like this:
- World-class concept art skills and deep understanding of human and creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, materials, architecture, and detail in environmental design
- Thorough understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Mastery of digital content creation tools, like Photoshop and Painter
- Impressive and relevant portfolio demonstrating concept art that you created
- Years of experience working with lead artists and art directors to develop unique and cohesive visual styles for levels and assets
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Think of yourself as a game developer first, and an artist second
- A passion for games
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator and an amazing team-player
- Worked through an entire production cycle and have previously shipped AAA titles.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games
- Knowledge of the Diablo universe
- Personal portfolio demonstrating an affinity
toart relevant to the Diablo universe
- Experience in world building and composing scenes
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions (e.g., websites, blogs, or online albums) will be considered
Abilityfor full-time work onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.