Senior FX Artist, Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior FX artist/developer to assist our cinematics team in crafting the next generation of our award-winning animated films. You will work in partnership with modelers, animators, texture artists, lighters, and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard. You should be skilled at providing simulations and systems that mimic real life phenomena such as smoke, fire, and water. You will also need to have strong art skills to help design and implement abstract magical and technological effects. Basic compositing skills will be required for FX slap-comps for review by the supervision team. Lastly, a strong background with procedural tools and methodologies is a plus.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in producing feature film quality effects in Houdini.
- A deep understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Extensive experience with particle systems, fluid dynamics, rigid body dynamics, and procedural systems
- Proven track record creating effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, explosions, magic, etc.
- Experience with node-based compositing software such as Nuke
- Able to problem solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
- Able to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques
- Deep understanding of feature film level pipelines and their respective issues
- Experience with VEX
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Working Knowledge of Mantra, RenderMan or Redshift renderers
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover letter
- Online demo reel and reel breakdown
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.