Localization QA Analyst Portuguese – Brazil, Latin America
As a Localization QA Analyst for Latin America at Blizzard, you will be a key member reporting to the Localization Manager and working closely with multiple teams across Blizzard campus as well as our external vendors. Your drive and high standards for quality will make you a trusted and reliable resource for critiquing and polishing the quality of the localization that goes into Blizzard games. You know that low quality audio or sloppy text translation only serves to jolt a player out of the experience – and you’ll champion this notion before internal Blizzard staff and external strategic partners that you’ll work with on a daily basis. You’ll speak up and often, meaning both diplomacy skills and passion for games are absolute musts.
While you’ll represent the global gaming community at Blizzard, you’ll work in Irvine, California, Blizzard’s North American Headquarters. Here you’ll rub elbows every day with a culturally diverse and globally minded staff ranging from developers to producers, artists to community representatives, writers to sound engineers, which are all here for one thing – to create the most epic entertainment experiences ever!
- Help guide QA policies and guidelines
- Provide vision, guidance and support to fellow Test Analysts
- Provide insight of effectiveness and project capabilities
- Monitor KPIs to evaluate and improve performance
- Represent and advocate for the region in stakeholder communications
- Collaborate with other regional QA/Test Managers to share different methodologies, feedback and plans for testing current and future content
- Ensure product and project alignment with other internal teams and stakeholders
- Forecast test budget and other needs for the team
- Balance and plan external and internal team’s QA workload
- Review and improve test processes and plans as needed
- Set manual and automated test goals
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Help arrange and assign resources per projects’ needs
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese.
- 5+ years of testing experience, preferably with some experience in a leadership capacity;
- Expertise in test and project management methodologies and tools
- Experience in leading teams under extreme time-pressure
- Expertise in forecasting test budget and needs for a large organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, JIRA, TestRail, and other test management tools
- Great communication skills, with the ability to tailor your correspondence for all levels of the organization
- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- You’ve worked on several, if not more, AAA video game titles
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an extremely time-pressured environment
- You are intellectually curious, tech-savvy and have a positive attitude towards changes
- You can set a great example and support your team members, while handling multiple projects at a time
- Experience working on products or services for Latin American markets
- Familiarity with the Blizzard multiverse
- Absolute passion for video games
- Solid experience with HTML, XML based content management systems and/or CAT tools
- Experience in troubleshooting workflows that include linguistic quality assurance and post-machine translation editions
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Programming and HTML experience.
- Localization and/or automation QA experience
- You are a passionate, long-time fan of Blizzard games
- You have several high-level characters across the Blizzard multiverse
- You have developed and fostered relationships in the game localization industry
- You are familiar with our core values; they resonate with you and you’d feel comfortable questioning Blizzard practices that go against these values
To apply, please submit the following information.
- A resume demonstrating your epic localization, QA, and/or project management experience
Due to the high volume of applications, those without at least two (2) of the following documents in addition to the resume will NOT be considered:
- A short cover letter telling us why you want to work for Blizzard’s Localization, Latin America team
- A list of your 10 most recently played games
- An original QA-focused Game Analysis on your all-time favorite game
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!