Lead Software Engineer, UI
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled engineer to add to the leadership of World of Warcraft’s User Interface group. The applicant will work closely with other engineers and designers to help create compelling and epic features that keep players engaged for years.
- Maintain familiarity of the game’s design, for both the live product and for all on-going expansions.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems.
- Work with the technical director and producers to create tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Serve as a partner in the team's leadership.
- Extreme passion for World of Warcraft
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Excellent people skills
- Experience leading engineering teams or projects
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- A minimum of 5 years of game programming experience and shipped AAA quality video games
- Experience in the design and implementation of various UI/UX systems
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!