Game Design Intern
Internship Term: 2020
GAME DESIGN INTERN - OVERWATCH
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Join the Overwatch team as a Game Design Intern. Working closely with other game designers in a collaborative setting you’ll be responsible for many of the following:
- Designing and implementing new heroes, weapons and abilities.
- Tuning various aspects of game balance.
- Designing and implementing fun new game modes.
- Supporting the live game by fixing bugs and implementing various Quality of Life improvements.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge of and experience with our game franchises and their associated universes
- A strong sense for what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Previous experience designing games as personal, academic, or professional projects
- Proven math skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Cover Letter
- Game design portfolio (preferably linking to an online portfolio)
- Please include examples of any game projects you’ve worked on, either independently or as part of your studies, and what part you played in their creation
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2019.