Lead Atlassian Administrator
Blizzard Entertainment does more than games. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of game developers. Corporate Applications supports the business by designing, developing, and maintaining internal tools and applications to maximize productivity and efficiency, helping Blizzard deliver epic entertainment.
Blizzard Entertainment Corporate Applications is seeking a talented Lead Atlassian Administrator responsible for leading projects and managing administrators working with the Atlassian Toolset. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant design, and product quality is essential.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Manage Atlassian Administrators in terms of career growth, performance, and adherence to department processes.
- Help drive best practices, philosophies, and culture.
- Manage and drive large-scale projects which may span across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Provide ongoing support for both new and legacy projects.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to deliver products with Blizzard polish to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Serve as lead administrator of the Atlassian toolset to help drive governance, guide and maintain the integrity of Atlassian tools and develop standards where possible.
- Work with Program Management to own the roadmap for the product, including architecture, technology, and functional usage
- Maintain and improve tools and assorted add-ons
- Support cross-functional teams to design and help implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Manage user permissions per the needs of spaces and teams
- Define, Standardize and consolidate application solutions and processes across the organization
- Assist in maintaining a high-level SLA while managing requests of varying complexities and due dates
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate potential risks and issues.
Qualified candidates also generally have at least the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing and mentoring Atlassian Administrators
- Experience working with Program Management and Product Design groups
- Solid understanding of Program Management methodologies to partner with program manager on team deliverables
An ideal candidate can demonstrate most of the following:
- Deep knowledge of administering Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization
- Experience managing Atlassian Server software
- Working experience with multiple Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, FishEye, Crucible…
- Experience in troubleshooting Confluence issues and performing installations, migrations, and add-on installation
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and partnering skills with both technical & non-technical users
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working towards a common goal
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!