Associate Game Producer, Content
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…associate game producers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based FPS game.
Members of the Overwatch team are driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from tweaking Hero mission banter to dreaming up the signature sound for Solider: 76’s pulse rifle. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made the original Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to the development of Overwatch 2.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to help coordinate Sound Design / Engineering, Art and QA to deliver the audio experience players love? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Work with internal teams across all disciplines, with a focus on sound & art.
- Participate in the creation and tracking of schedules for game features and assets
- Facilitate the team’s task management, maintain task lists, backlogs, and communicate deadlines.
- Assist with organizing voice over sessions, sound recording sessions and equipment orders.
- Maintain processes for sharing game information, art and audio assets with external teams.
- Schedule and attend meetings; set agendas; take concise and comprehensive notes and distribute them to appropriate personnel
- Collaborate with other producers on project status, identifying risks, and opportunities.
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment
- Previous experience working as a producer or project manager.
- Practical experience managing end-of-pipeline tasks for game audio and voice over.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain team schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Prior experience in an audio or art role.
- Having an ear for audio, and a passion for fostering the creative process.
- Experience with online games
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- Familiarity with sound development tools WWise, Reaper or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)