Associate Transmission Engineer, Global Broadcast
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Associate Transmission Engineer to support our Global Broadcast Team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated individual with outstanding communications abilities and skilled in Broadcast Engineering.
The Associate Transmission Engineer will focus on assisting Transmission Engineers as well as Seniors.
They will mostly work with internal teams to support workflows, complete tasks, and provide assistance with escalation
- Coordinate outbound and inbound transmissions
- Work with Transmission workflows and best practices.
- Intake, document, and escalate incidents as needed
- Support events and broadcasts with technical knowledge and guidance
- Document processes
- Coordinate with BoC and transmission team
- Monitor broadcasts for quality and issues when necessary
- Coordinate with internal Esports, IT, Events and Business teams and other internal Blizzard teams.
- Engineer Epic Experiences
- 2+ years industry experience
- Experience working with IP technologies, specifically for Transmission
- Understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Awareness of online video workflows and lifecycles
- Familiar with enterprise encoders and software
- Aware of major distribution platforms
- Night/Weekend Work will be required
- Travel will be required
- Linux Experience
- Basic knowledge of Encoding, specifically Cloud Encoding and on-premise encoding
- Visio Experience
- Love for Esports
- Experience with multiple streaming platforms
- Experience with Media Asset Management Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for games