Junior Motion Graphic Designer (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a junior motion graphic designer. You should bring your passion for video games, esports, traditional sports, lifestyle apparel, and broadcasting to your design.
Highest-quality concepting, and hands on design skills are a requirement. Additionally, the right candidate will have an awareness of current trends in marketing, online communication, sports broadcast, and new media. We are looking for a forward thinker that has a strong pulse on the Overwatch League, and Call of Duty World League design themes, strong typography skills, deep understanding of color theory, layout and an extraordinary eye for composition. This role will dive into the established brand visual identity and will be handling successful implementation across multiple media platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of hands on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering Blizzard quality and standards in remarkably quick time frames.
- Create motion and static graphics for live broadcast, post production, digital signage, and digital stage elements
- Set up easy to use graphics templates for other team members to update
- Understand the goals of a given project and maintain creative involvement from beginning to end, knowing the right questions to ask and knowing how to track down answers, taking feedback constructively and following through to complete a project
- Craft perfect brand integration in to all aspects of media, including social, broadcast, events, live production
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure a high-level design consistent with Blizzard’s long tradition of quality products
- Handle multiple projects from start to finish while keeping all partners appropriately informed and engaged
- Have 2+ years working in Graphic Design or related role.
- Proficient knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design tools
- Familiar with post production, live broadcast, and associated requirements, and standard methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain quality with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in fast-paced high-pressure situations -- Impeccable social and time-management skills in a collaborative team environment working within and iterative design process.
- Strong conceptual design skills and the ability to execute designs deftly at the highest level of quality in several formats, motion graphics, consumer product, fashion, print, and broadcast.
- A passion for design, video games, esports, traditional sports, movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of 3D rendering applications (Maya, Cinema 4D, etc…)
- A passion for story and art
- Event Stage and Digital Signage expertise
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.