IT Events Network Administrator, West Coast Leagues
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing and versatile Network Administrator to join the Activision Blizzard League IT Events team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers The Overwatch League and Call of Duty Esports across US and Global locations.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences at every event. As a Network Administrator in this role, you will be deploying and managing network infrastructure and on-site server at each venue and helping support the main event, working closely with Production and the League to deliver high quality shows. Excellent troubleshooting skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical.
***This is a remote position and will require 70-80% travel during the 26-28-weekend League seasons.
- Manage and administer the local network infrastructure, including ISP turn up and extending connectivity to areas within the venue.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and VPN connectivity at the event.
- Ensure strict network security policies are being enforced to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and design the network infrastructure deployment at multiple venues and locations.
- Manage and administer the local on-site network and server
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting server availability.
- Work with other internal IT teams to integrate new systems and network architecture.
- Work with the Overwatch Development Team to prepare and administer event game services.
- Travel to event locations within your designated region to ensure flawless execution.
- Assist Desktop and Program Managers in set up and deployment at each event.
- Support Windows PC’s during live stage matches.
- A minimum of 5 years’ in Network and Systems Administration or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of routing protocols and switching technologies, VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting on Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting issues on Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Experience administering Dell PowerEdge server hardware.
- Experience running and terminating Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet.
- Experience working with various types of fiber optic cables and connectors
- Experience managing a virtualized infrastructure such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Basic familiarity administering Linux systems running CentOS or RHEL.
- Familiarity with PC image deployment tools such as Fog or MDT.
- Familiarity managing and configuring monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Grafana, LibreNMS.
- Scripting knowledge of Powershell, Python, or other similar languages.
- Automation technologies, such as Puppet.
- Strong PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- IT Certifications in Systems and Network Administration (MCSA/MCSE, RHCSA, CCNA/CCNP)
- A passion for video games.
- Experience running Esports events.
- Familiarity with broadcast technologies, streaming, and transmission.
- Strong grasp of physical network deployments in a medium-sized organization (20+ nodes)
- Experience working with AWS Direct Connect services
- Experience working with Dell EMC PowerSwitch network switches
- Some understanding of both mandarin and Korean