Associate Data Specialist (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Global Growth Marketing team based in Irvine is looking for a Temporary Associate Data Specialist who is a talented marketing technologist to aid Blizzard’s Publishing team in solving many business-critical questions. Building frameworks and processes to structure, match and mine our large data sets will require a detail-oriented individual with a background in data architecture, ETL work and experience with marketing tech stacks.
Reporting into the Manager, Marketing Technology, the ideal candidate will apply their skills alongside other members of the team to connect data sources and mold a large quantity of data into meaningful reporting and insights from which our operational teams can execute and improve.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Data Management Platform; integrate 1st party data with buying team for audience development and syndication to platforms for buying team to execute campaigns
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and Paid Media Analytics to structure data
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain collections of data internally and in the team’s data management platform(s)
- 2+ years experience working in a data-focused role within the gaming industry or from Performance Marketing function/agency
- Bachelor’s Degree+ specializing in quantitative or technological field (Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining data processes at an enterprise level – especially marketing data
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrable programming and prototyping skills in a modern programming language: R, Python, Java, C++, Julia, Scala, etc
- Familiarity with SQL, MPP and NoSQL databases
- Good written and spoken communications skills
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with Big Data and Hadoop tech stack (HDFS / Map Reduce / Mahout / Hive / Spark)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or Qlikview
Note: this is a temporary position.
Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!