Associate Software Engineer, Gameplay
A new position has spawned on the World of Warcraft team, and we’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our party and help craft the future of Azeroth. It’s not lightly that Blizzard Entertainment counts “Gameplay First” among the core values that serve as critical guideposts to all we make here. A great, lasting game begins and ends with gameplay, and in this role, your challenge is clear: craft the game systems that make compelling gameplay possible.
Working closely with designers, artists, and your fellow engineers, we want you to help us continue to explore and unlock all that the future of World of Warcraft can be for our players. We’ll arm you with the latest technologies and a deeply passionate, collaborative team environment designed to enable you to be at your best.
Fourteen years in and we feel like we’re just getting started. How about you…ready to work?
- Fluent in C++
- 2 years professional programming experience or equivalent
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Experience with owning and driving the development of a technical feature from start to finish
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Real passion for video games
- Experience as an engineer in the games industry
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Prior development working with client / server game systems
- Knowledge of Lua
- Working knowledge of World of Warcraft and / or other MMORPGs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.