Senior Cloud Engineer, Operational Metrics
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
Within our epic global cloud infrastructure footprint, we support a variety of hosting paradigms at scale, from bare metal and virtualization to containerization. We also operate a global network backbone connecting many data centers and points of presence. As we scale and grow, we have a need to increase our visibility across this infrastructure. To that end we are looking for experienced systems engineers to join our team to design, build and operate a modern, highly scalable infrastructure metrics solution.
You are a highly motivated individual with experience instrumenting and capturing metrics across a variety of sources. You will have solved for scale, cardinality and retention and understand what it takes to operate a globally available, production ready metrics platform. If you get excited about instrumentation and metrics, then get in touch now!
- Architect, build, deploy and operate a new metrics platform for cloud operational metrics
- Document operational processes and procedures related to operational metrics
- Mentor peers and consult with internal customers on operational metrics technologies
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- 7+ years general systems engineering experience - you will have demonstrated an ability to build systems from the ground up
- Expert-level skills in Linux
- Experience architecting solutions using modern frameworks for metrics collection, alerting and visualization, e.g. Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Experience with time series data bases, e.g. M3DB, InfluxDB, CrateDB, Whisper
- Experience with container orchestration solutions, e.g. Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Ability to write software in Python or another administrative language
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for games and online gaming platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!