Business Operations Coordinator, Global Broadcast & Events (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, tenacious, and impeccably-organized business coordinator for its events and broadcast teams. The position will report to the Business Operations Specialist, Global Broadcast & Events.
Dividing support between contract, payment, and payroll process facilitation will be the position’s primary focus. The ideal candidate will thrive on detail-heavy requests as they track, report on, and support complex business processes. They must also be able to work quickly and efficiently, multitask with a high-volume workload, remain productive in high-pressure situations, and communicate clearly across various subjects and individuals. The position will also include general administrative and operational duties.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Initiate, track, and facilitate events team and broadcast team contracts and POs, working closely with Blizzard’s legal, finance, and accounting
- Support financial operations including invoicing, payables, coding, budgeting, and financial data entry, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team.
- Identify, track, and analyze gaps in business processes for escalation and occasional presentation to organization leadership
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts.
- Manage weekly approval and submission of contractor timesheets and expenses to ensure payments are made on time and for the accurate amount.
- Coordinate and facilitate new contractor onboarding and I9 verification.
- Create and manage project creation and payroll workflows within digital timecard management system.
- Support financial operations related to employer of record payroll including invoicing, coding, budgeting, reconciliation, reporting, and projections, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team, finance, and the broadcast & events business operations team
- Configure, update, and maintain user access and permissions within the broadcast and events teams’ shared systems including SharePoint, OneDrive, and more.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business operations or administrative role that included legal or financial responsibilities
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payroll processing or payroll accounting role preferably in the broadcast or entertainment industry, or comparable experience working with an employer of record
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Deep experience with establishing cross-department partnerships and influencing without authority
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality
- Customer-service orientation
- Love of learning and growing
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Excel & JIRA
- Proficiency with JIRA, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Experience working in the gaming or broadcast industry
- Six Sigma, LEAN, or other process improvement knowledge
- A passion for gaming Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.