Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented senior software engineer to contribute to machine learning development efforts on our Service Technologies team. You will collaborate with data scientists, designers, product managers, and other partners across Blizzard to improve our customer experience both in and out of our games.
The software we build together ensures that players can enjoy our games in a positive and friendly environment and resolve any issue they encounter. Our team loves Blizzard games and we care deeply about ensuring everyone can fully enjoy our games; if you do too, then this is the team for you!
- Research, design, and implement state-of-the-art machine learning solutions to enhance Blizzard’s customer support and player interaction solutions
- Collaborate and communicate with partners and team members throughout the development process
- Document and share best practices with engineers and data scientists across Blizzard
- Experience developing web applications or back-end services using C#, Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience deploying, automating, and maintaining machine learning models in production systems
- Strong knowledge of current application and machine learning development trends and a passion to stay current
- Minimum of four years of professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with big data frameworks and data processing engines such as Hadoop, Spark, and Flink
- Experience developing and integrating with relational and document database solutions
- Experience developing back-end services using object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with public cloud providers and private cloud solutions
- Experience with container development and orchestration solutions
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter, indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- Why this job appeals to you
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences