Pipeline TD, Animation & Rigging
The infinite care and detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to improve cinematic and game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Pipeline TD (Animation and Rigging) to join the Blizzard Animation Team. This position will facilitate the development and support of shared rigging and animation technology utilized in cinematic and game creation pipelines across multiple teams. You should have a thorough knowledge of animation, rigging, deformation and simulation tools used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. Familiarity with game rigging and animation pipelines and technologies is required. In addition, you will also implement tools and workflow automation. This position will be the point of communication between multiple teams using our Rigging and Animation technology. Your excellent communication skills will be put to good use as you train, educate and inform ancillary teams of our rigging and simulation technology development.
- Proficient Python development skills and debugging techniques.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging, deformations.
- Strong object-oriented programming design skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical support focused
- Familiarity with animation and rigging pipelines
- Experience with rigging assets.
- C, C++ programming experience
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and Cinematics
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.