Senior Human Resources Generalist
Is this you? You’re a great human resources professional.Your skillset, curiosity, and motivation are a perfect fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Blizzard Entertainment? We offer one of the most fast-paced, progressive, and visionary environments for HR professionals to ply their craft.
Our HR staff ranks among the most talented and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unique approaches. For those of you with an adventurous spirit and a desire for knowledge-sharing and growing, we would like to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You must have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Blizzard entertainment has an immediate opening for a Senior Human Resources Generalist. They will be responsible for assisting in all functional areas of human resources.
- Partner and consult with business leaders to help drive people-related strategies that tie to broader organization goals.
- Assess, deliver, and facilitate human resources programs, employee communications, management / leadership development, performance management / talent planning, employee relations, compensation and benefits, orientation, and learning and organizational development.
- Answer day-to-day queries from employees and managers regarding benefits, payroll, policies and procedures, and leave of absence.
- Respond and facilitate employee relations issues as they arise.
- Provide coaching to employees, supervisors, and managers to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organization changes and business plans.
- Partner with employees and management to interpret and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws, and state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate performance reviews, merit increases, performance / potential matrices, and succession planning.
- Collaborate with other human resources team members on projects as they arise.
- Complete administrative tasks for the team as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a human resources role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with a contingent workforce population
- Self-motivation; able to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Be professional and maintain extreme confidentiality
- Strong self / time management skills
- Understand how to effectively influence business leaders
- Working knowledge of employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able and willing to learn and share information
- Able to work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, production or technology company
- Demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of California employment law
- PHR / SPHR certification
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.