Game Producer, World & Maps
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…game producers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based FPS game.
Members of the Overwatch team are driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from tweaking Windowmaker sight lines to dreaming up fantastical mech bases for our fans to explore. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made the original Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to the development of Overwatch 2.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to coordinate Level Design, Environment Art, Engineering, Sound and QA to deliver the multiplayer maps players love? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Drive development process for competitive multiplayer maps & game modes.
- Work with internal teams across all disciplines, with a focus on environment art & design.
- Maintain and communicate product roadmaps and schedules.
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of goals.
- Facilitate and manage healthy communication throughout the team. Champion the team and its members. Foster a culture of open collaboration and trust.
- Identify, communicate, and work to resolve challenges that may prevent our team or our development partners from achieving goals on time.
- Communicate frequently with the production team on status, risks, and opportunities.
- Define and refine processes and workflows throughout the team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a producer or project manager on a game team.
- Shipped at least one game or multiple large live updates in an art or design production role.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain team schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Prior experience in a design or art related development role.
- Having an eye for art, and in interest in fostering the creative process.
- Experience with online games
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- Familiarity with art development tools Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)