Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated security operations center (SOC) analyst to join its ranks in Cork, Ireland. This role is part of a 24x7x365 global operations team that partners closely with other operational departments. The team leverages a ‘follow the sun’ support model with typical shifts occurring during normal business hours per region.
The ideal candidate will have prior training and experience in information security operations with broad experience supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and will be looking for an excellent opportunity to merge their twin passions for gaming and security.
- Monitor Blizzard’s networks for potential security risks or anomalies
- Perform tier 1 security event analysis and triage while escalating incidents to the tier 2 incident response team when necessary
- Act as a scribe during security incidents; document incident response activities, coordinate internal communication, and assist with escalation procedures
- Provide customer support for security related customer issues; route security requests throughout the global security team or to other departments, as appropriate
- Assist with creating and fine-tuning security alerts in Blizzard’s SIEM
- Assist with creating and enhancing the SOC’s documentation, including runbooks, operating procedures, and incident response playbooks
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports on security metrics
- Support security awareness activities (e.g. new hire training, security bulletin distribution, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with major operating systems and computer networking in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with all phases of a typical incident response process
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (especially as pertaining to task automation)
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Willingness to work different shifts, holidays, or weekends if required (standard shift is during normal business hours)
- Willingness to travel occasionally in support of Blizzard events
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- 1+ years of experience in a security operations role, or a mix of relevant security and IT experience
- Security-related certifications
- Familiarity with Splunk or other enterprise SIEM solutions
- Prior experience working in a SOC or NOC role
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and cloud monitoring strategies
- Real passion for video games and most importantly, protecting them!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!