Senior Game Designer
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us. The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to join us as a game designer. Duties will primarily include design and implementation of game modes, systems and other exciting content for Overwatch.
- Work with team leadership to design and implement new game modes and other game systems.
- Work closely with other designers, engineers, artists, and producers to help make Overwatch a great game.
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement.
- A minimum of 5 years designing games
- At least one AAA shipped product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a programming/scripting language
- Experience designing large features/systems and working with interdisciplinary groups to complete them
- Able to be nimble, scrappy, and creative to support Overwatch’s aggressive patch cycle
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical environment
- Extensive knowledge of the FPS genre
- Previous design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
- Passion for Blizzard games, especially Overwatch
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.