Human Resources Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and innovative Human Resources Manager to join our HR team in Irvine, CA. This role will be an HR business and talent partner for the Diablo team as well as have the opportunity to help support other game teams. This role will also assist in HR projects and initiatives across the studio. This position will report to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
- Serve as a talent partner to the team by helping to create supportive and innovative HR programs to suit the team’s initiatives.
- Will be a member of the Diablo leadership team.
- Manage, facilitate, and optimize the delivery of consistently exceptional HR services in the areas of on-boarding, employee communications, organizational development, training, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, and leadership coaching.
- Monitor the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values.
- Proactively identifies problem areas and proposes solutions, both within the team being supported and within HR as a whole
- Support the team’s employee opinion survey efforts by helping create, and drive action plans.
- Provide coaching to management and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans.
- Implement human resources policies, and ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Participate in strategy sessions with the HR team on policy, and HR practices.
- Ensure HR transactional needs are met for the teams you support.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive HR business partner / talent partner experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees (senior management, first level managers, and line level employees)
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with HR specialist teams (talent acquisition, learning and organizational development, compensation, HR systems, etc.) and business partners
- Proven success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- High degree of business acumen; results oriented with an ability to work independently
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and achievement oriented
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality, and discretion
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, publishing, or gaming company
- SPHR certification for California
- Experience in Fusion HRIS, demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong background in California employment law
- Experience working in an HR department for entertainment or technology companies
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences