Associate Software Engineer
Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Associate Software Engineers to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll help build tools used every day at Blizzard for game production, IT, QA, communications, operations control, and more!
Successful associate engineers in Corporate Applications are ready to collaborate on epic applications used by employees worldwide. They are eager to share knowledge and learn from each other. They have a generative technical background, an aptitude for critical thinking, and are willing to learn by asking for help. The Corporate Applications team must be responsive to changing and emergent business needs. Our portfolio is large and diverse, and often has unknown lifetime so it’s crucial to ask the right questions and be ready to pivot.
Our ideal candidate is well-rounded and open-minded, without many professional projects but plenty of personal ones. They are inquisitive in technical discussions, embrace production processes, and aren’t afraid to fail.
You will need a strong sense of ownership and commitment to continuous improvement. Are you comfortable with ambiguity? Can you discuss complexity?
Are you up for the challenge?
- Demonstrated competence in a computer or related technical discipline
- Personal, academic, or professional projects in software development
- Commitment to quality
- Prepared to learn and grow, failing and succeeding along the way
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Ability to discuss and explain technical problems
- Ability to identify boundary conditions and test them
- Contribute to or follow open-source projects or technical communities
- Familiarity with databases, VS IDEs, Git, Jira, SemVer, Containers, Jenkins, Octopus
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!