Product Manager, Platform SDK
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Platform SDK team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Platform SDK team maintains and delivers the shared code for the major features of the Battle.net platform, providing the primary integration point for our game studios to interface with the services created by other teams inside Battle.net & Online Products. The SDK facilitates the usage of many products, such as authentication, social graph, voice chat, telemetry, and more. The Platform SDK product is a crucial part of our Platform Experience group, a new group within Battle.net & Online Products tasked with making the Battle.net platform as easy to integrate as possible.
In the role of Product Manager, you will work with a Lead Product Manager for your portfolio as well as customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, especially within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and organized individual with a passion for very technical products and a commitment to quality. You enjoy having developers as your primary customer and know both what frustrates and delights them in integrating complex software.
- Work closely with the service owners inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure alignment between Platform SDK and its constituent components.
- Work with technical writers to help create and organize documentation for the Platform SDK, and make sure it stays up to date.
- Perform competitive market and feature analysis with other platform SDK offerings.
- Ensure your cross-functional product team is prepared to deliver features on time and with measurable value.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- 2+ years’ experience with product, program, and/or project management, with a focus on delivery and measuring and achieving product objectives.
- Comfortable with UI-less software and able to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Familiar with the benefits of instrumentation and analytics for the purpose of designing better products for our customers and players.
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams and working directly with software engineers and other disciplines.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous product management work on SDKs, APIs, services, or other products where software engineers are the primary customer
- Familiarity with technical documentation and information architecture
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or similar team collaboration applications
- Certification or training in business analysis and / or product management
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!