Associate Broadcast Manager, World of Warcraft Esports
Major League Gaming is looking for an Associate Broadcast Manager to join their team. This person will collaborate with internal and third-party teams to successfully execute broadcasts at live gaming events at our MLG Arena in Columbus Ohio for the World of Warcraft Esports program. They will be highly organized and detail oriented. They will need to manage internal and external facing tasks and program milestones. They will be responsible for intaking needs of a production and coordinating with various stakeholders throughout the event based program (approximately 6 months). The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of production workflows.
- Responsible for project management & coordination with live broadcast and league operation teams.
- Develop and manage program needs in conjunction with IP stake holders.
- Develop and maintain program documentation for updates to various stakeholders.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders regarding budget tracking and assisting in making appropriate value driven decisions.
- Collaborate with various groups across MLG and Blizzard entertainment to ensure proper documentation and tracking.
- Assist studio staff with program execution as needed, standardizing workflows, documentation and processes.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Develop planning processes to produce studio broadcasts, setting the standards and best practices on an individual program basis.
- Work closely with facilities staff and management as well as broadcast and production teams for continuity of quality and standards.
- Monitor for and evaluate systems and processes for inefficiencies and refinements over the course of the program.
- Regular reporting of broadcast and event production progress, and KPI performance
- 5+ years’ experience in project management.
- Experience with live broadcast and events.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Working knowledge of MS office and Google Docs and program management software (e.g. Excel, Word, PPT.)
- Experience with scriptwriting/rundown software.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A passion for video games and esports
- Experience with live esports broadcasts
- Experience with the World of Warcraft game.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter