Lead Software Engineer, Server
Blizzard’s World of Warcraft team is seeking an experienced server programmer. This individual will lead the development of server architecture, implementation, and will lead a group of programmers to accomplish various server programming tasks. Other areas of focus include network communication, player interaction across server boundaries, security countermeasures, maintenance, and development of server technology.
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
- Manage the server team to meet all established goals and requirements.
- Ensure that the server team adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices.
- Evaluate and mentor programmers on the server team.
- Serve as an active partner in the team’s leadership.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the game.
- Interface with members of external teams on inter-departmental assignments, and ensure that all technology interests and policies are properly represented and maintained through the course of development.
- Must currently hold a senior software engineer position or higher
- Expert C/C++ programmer
- Distributed systems experience
- Familiarity with implementing client/server architecture
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with code optimization
- Need to have leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Linux and Oracle experience.
- MMO gaming experience