Director, Business Operations
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate, smart, and driven individual to head business operations for Overwatch. The director of business operations will be a member of the Overwatch leadership team and will be responsible for helping to guide the future business direction. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in the games industry, and a successful track record of supporting AAA products.
- Own the vision for Overwatch business strategies which complement the product strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional commercial and development leadership to build, execute and assess cohesive franchise strategies.
- Assess challenges, develop solutions, evaluate their potential, and help to implement and evaluate big-game changing initiatives related to the business of Overwatch.
- Apply rigor and creativity to business design and decisions.
- Act as liaison between the Overwatch development team and functional project owners in finance, marketing, public relations (PR), community, and other publishing areas.
- Take point on Overwatch business communications with the international teams, and maintain oversight of all international publishing efforts in support of content releases and ongoing activities.
- Lead dev team efforts in working with business intelligence, finance, and marketing to monitor the health of the Overwatch business.
- Layer expert analysis and insight on top of data to support decision making.
- Prepare and present business materials to executive stakeholders.
- Work with the international Legal teams to ensure the appropriate legal evaluation of Overwatch development
- Lead efforts in working with Corporate Alliances on strategic partnerships and promotions for the Overwatch brand
- Partner closely with the Executive Producer and key leadership in other franchise components – consumer products, other media, the Overwatch League – to identify, assess and build out new business opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior business role supporting AAA products
- Strategy development experience at the franchise level
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups. Specifically, the ability to work closely with creative teams based on a deep familiarity with iterative development processes is extremely valuable in this role.
- Passion for Blizzard Games
- International travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working with international teams
- Masters of business administration degree from a leading business school or a relevant graduate degree that provides expertise towards business operations.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with cover letters will be considered.