Player Relations Coordinator, CDL (Temp)
In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Nine teams have been announced to date in Atlanta, Dallas, Florida, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
We’re seeking an experienced Player Relations Coordinator to join the Call of Duty League who is passionate about the video gaming and sports industries, player communities, and communication. This position will have weekly travel with the 2020 season match schedule. The person in this role will work with teams and players to ensure the Call of Duty League is providing a top tier experience for its players.
- Develop deep, genuine, and collaborative relationships with teams and individual players on behalf of the league
- Ensure day-of logistics run smoothly for team travel, accommodations, schedules, media, and promotional events
- Work proactively with players and team management to address all issues in a timely fashion
- Gather feedback from players and managers to continuously improve events, rules, game play, in-competition features and any pertinent information and report back to League Operations
- Provide players, teams, and team managers with league updates regarding changes, rules adjustments, or any other pertinent news
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal Marketing and other League departments to ensure appropriate promotional and media obligations are met
- 1+ years’ experience working in esports or other live events and/or league
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Impeccable organizational, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- An individual with a passion for Blizzard Entertainment games is highly encouraged, and will be prioritized
- Experience in live events
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in a game or entertainment company
- Experience in project management
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!